We are eager for a full-time senior full-stack, front end focused developer to join our tight-knit engineering team. This role is about building, deploying, supporting, and scaling our flagship web and mobile apps in a fast-moving startup environment.
Dina is a leading Chicago-based health-tech company whose mission is to create a better life for aging adults through solutions that connect healthcare providers, caregivers, families and community resources. Our web and mobile applications are the industry’s first fully integrated suite for HIPAA-compliant communications including care coordination, transitions, and referrals. All of this is powered by our in-house digital assistant, whose predictive models identify patients who show a high risk for returning to the emergency department or requiring specialized support in order to optimize the health and safety of each patient’s journey.
Please note, due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, Dina has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This includes interviewing, onboarding, and working through our roles each day. Please note that our roles will not be remote long-term, and it will eventually be mandatory that we all return to our Chicago-based office once it is safe to do so, following the guidance of the local health authorities and the CDC.
- Collaborate with other engineers, data scientists, designers, and product managers to design, build, deploy, and deliver our flagship web and mobile applications.
- Continue to evolve our front-end architecture — implement design patterns and establish framework improvements or migrations — ensuring our team remains current within the tech space.
- Consume and implement REST-ful APIs (in NodeJS) as needed to support the front-end.
- Well versed in design patterns and application architecture
- A master of front end frameworks, but comfortable contributing to the back-end (NodeJS) as needed.
- Passionate and dedicated to solving complex and challenging problems, working with a sense of urgency through to completion.
- Eager to help others when necessary, striving to contribute to the success of your peers, the team, and the company.
- Excited to explore and learn new engineering technologies
- Self-driven, resourceful, and independent yet unafraid to ask for help.
- 4+ years experience developing, testing, and deploying scalable, production-worthy code in a modern front-end framework (e.g. Angular, React, Vue)
- 2+ years experience developing, testing, and deploying scalable, production-worthy code in a hybrid mobile framework (e.g. NativeScript, Ionic, React Native)
- Expert knowledge in HTML5 and a CSS preprocessor (e.g. Sass, LESS, Stylus).
- Professional experience in front-end component-driven architecture, including reusability and testability
- Professional experience in automated testing (we use Jest) and continuous delivery.
- Bonus: you have experience migrating a front-end application from one framework to another (e.g. AngularJS to Angular or React to Vue)
- NodeJS (NestJS)
- Firebase, Microsoft Azure (Cosmos DB), Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon Web Services
- Health insurance, disability insurance, commuter benefits
- 2-times weekly work from home policy
- Variety of work and different problems to solve
- Small, high performing team — immediate opportunity for high impact